Original source: kak yatie.
Cream cheese ingredients:
200 g of cream cheese, room temperature ( I used Philadelphia cream cheese, original flavour)
50 g of castor sugar
1 large egg
1 tbs water
1 tbs flour
Coklat cake ingredients:
2 large size egg
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup bolied water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup evaporated milk (fresh milk is ok too)
1 cup of flour*
3 tbs of cocoa powder*
1 tsp baking soda*
1/2 tsp baking powder*
Sift all the ingredients marked by *.
Chocolate ganache topping
100 g of cooking chocolate
1/2 cup of heavy cream/whipped cream
1/2 tsp butter, room temperature
Warm up the cream until simmer. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate pieces and let it soften.
Add in the butter and stir until smooth. Let it cool for a while before used.
1. Beat the cream cheese with sugar until well combined.
2. Stirred in the egg, water and flour. Mixed until well combined. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer (hand mixer should be ok too), beat the egg and sugar until fluffy.
4. Then put in the vanilla extract and salt
5. Stirred in the boiled water, milk and oil. Mix until well combined
6. Add the sifted flour in thirds. Mix until well combined and divided by two.
7. Warm up the steamer. Grease the baking pan by melted butter and line up with a baking paper. I used 20 cm baking pan.
8. Put half of the chocolate batter. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and steam (medium heat) for 20-25 min or well cooked.
9. Open the aluminum cover and pour over the cream cheese. Cover the pan and steam for 20 min.
10. Repeat the step 6 for the remaining chocolate batter.
11. Let it cool and covered with the chocolate ganache topping.
12. For a delicious look, decorate with some berries.
The cake below I made for my labmates. Just double the recipes.